Saturday, October 27, 2012

Becca's take on last week ... Numbers don't mean a thing.

It is a Marathon not a Sprint…..

The past three months have been filled with birthdays and drinking and birthdays and drinking, weekend traveling, spending a month in San Francisco, eating and drinking and eating and drinking, Indulging in Napa, at concerts, and with friends mixed with hardly any exercise. I am sure you are catching my drift. Late summer early fall of 2012 was certainly one to cherish in my life. Things are finally starting to calm down and in the aftermath I have come to a place where I am not content. All of my indulging has finally caught up with me.

I am finally back into my routine of exercising, focusing on diet and drinking less. So I thought after one week of consistency I would have seen some sort of result when I stepped on the scale this morning. I've nearly passed out mid work out at the gym every session this week so far and when I stepped on the scale afterward it had not moved an inch. I was frustrated, questioning why am I getting up at 5:30am every single morning, how is my body ever going to change to be one that I am truly proud of; it really seemed that all of this is pointless. That I am going to have to get used to the almost 10 extra pounds I am carrying around from the past three months. Then I spoke with Michelle, it turns out my body is thinking that this is my new normal, that it took three months to get this way and will take time and hard work to see progress. None of this happened over night so I need to continue be consistent and patient. So this week was a perfect start to consistency with exercise, diet and drinking less. I also reminded myself that continuing what I am doing is way better than giving up. There are benefits to this I just need to slow down and be proud of my steps every day even if they may be small.

Love,

Rebecca

I think that a lot of times we get into a funk when they don't see immediate results. You must remember that you didn't gain the weight over night and you are certainly not going to lose it over night. Patience and hard work will always prevail you just have to stick with it and keep your goal in sight. If you do I promise you that you're going to get out what you put in. At the end of the day its important to remind yourself that the number on the scale doesn't define who you are and what your worth. Living a healthy and happy life will enrich your quality of life not a number on a scale.

Success is not a race, be patient.
Success leads to success.
Success is always a work in progress.
Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.
Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!! 


XOXOOX I'll be posting next weeks workouts tomorrow so check back :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment