Wednesday, October 24, 2012

EVERYTHING in moderation .... including Halloween candy.

Sitting here on the couch watching the World Series and thinking about the challenges we face with weight loss and healthy eating. Immediately my thoughts turn to the nearest holiday which is the dreaded Halloween. Dressing up in skimpy clothes and parading around at a party has never really been my thing. I much more for wearing a baggy sweater and some comfy pants while handing out candy from the drive way next to a toasty fire. Anyhow that is neither here nor there but, I was thinking this would be a fantastic blog topic. So I googled some info on the most popular halloween treats and thought I'd share them with you. While I'm always one for eating candy I try to stick to the "moderation" rule. This meaning 1 and done is usually enough and if you're anything like me eating one small piece of candy and being done is a hard task. So the next time you walk by that candy dish at work, the halloween isle at the store or someone gives you candy think about it for a few minutes before you do and you might surprise yourself.

Hersey kiss ... 26 calories
M&M plain fun size... 88 calories
M&M peanut fun size... 93 calories
3 Muskateer fun size ... 64 calories
Reese's PB cup ... snack size 88 calories ... mini 44 calories
Almond Joy... 80 calories
Butterfinger ...100 calories
Kit Kat ...73 calories
Milky Way ... 75 calories
Snickers ...80 calories
Twix... 50 calories
Milk Duds ... 40 calories
Skittles... 80 calories
Candy Corn ... 11 pieces/ 70 calories

So you see they aren't as bad as they could be if you eat them in moderation. So my advice to you if you're like me and cant resist the sweets limit yourself to 1 piece a day. You will look forward to it and won't feel so guilty if you only have one piece. You only have one life so get out there and enjoy it and take a minute to indulge in lifes little pleasures. After all you work you butt off for it (literally).

XOOXXO

Just think of all those women on the Titanic that said, 'No thank you' to dessert that night. And for what ?
-Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment