Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Think your too busy ??

"I'm to busy to workout" how many times have you heard or used this excuse not to work out ? First of all you can work out whenever and wherever you are. The inspiration for todays blog came from my husband, He thought that I needed to give people things to do while they are doing everyday things. This will help you get tone without a big time commitment. While you're watching your favorite television show and the commercials come one do some leg lifts. During the next commercials switch up and do some lunges, sit-ups, push-ups, planks and any other exercise that you choose. Another thing that I like to do is 15 squats after you use the bathroom. Anything that you can incorporate into your daily routine that will help you jumpstart your exercise is better than doing nothing at all. Next I know that everyone is looking for tips for the eating part of this plan. I find it very hard to give food advice when I don't eat meat so, I've enlisted the help of a good friend of mine who is very knowledgeable in this part of it. I will be posting 1 tip a day and you can introduce it to your lifestyle as you see fit.

Wednesday Workout 

30 min cardio warm up 

50 jump rope 
25 squats 
50 crunches 
25 lunges 
30 sec rest 
*repeat 3 times* 



Nutrition Tip for the day:

Meat: Needs to be eaten two-three times a day. Don't shy away from red meat (but stay away from ground meats when possible) as it contains more BCAA's than any other natural food source. In addition red meat is a great source of iron and creatine. I eat bacon every morning with eggs, usually have white meat or fish for lunch and have whatever meat I want whether red or white or fish at the end of the day. There are a lot of meats being produced now that are all organic and humanely treated. Buying these meats promote more of these farms being created and continued.




SOMEONE WHO IS BUSIER THAN YOU IS RUNNING RIGHT NOW......



7 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. I think everyone can use some inspiration to get up and move more and there aren't many people that couldn't benefit from seeing what a little volunteer work can do for your heart and soul. The best exercise for the heart is to reach down and help someone else up.
    I am also very interested in your nutrition tips. I don't eat meat either. At all. I get bored with the same thing all the time. Can you throw some of your favorites out every once in awhile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share some ideas Kati. Do you eat any fish or animal by products ?? I'm a pescaterian so I do.

      Delete
    2. I should've replied here... Sorry! I'm new to this ;)

      That would be fantastic Michelle! I don't do fish at all and try my best to avoid dairy, but do almond or coconut milks and yogurts, soy if I have to.

      Delete
  2. EMILYSAGITTO@YAHOO.COMMay 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM

    MICHELLE THIS IS AMMMMMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you hate me Michelle? After yesterdays workout I think I might DIE! My whole body is on fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fantastic Michelle! I don't do fish at all and try my best to avoid dairy, but do almond or coconut milks and yogurts, soy if I have to.

    ReplyDelete